Groups (minimum 4 people) Everyone holds on the sides and moves the Fling it up and down. As the Fling It is in the air:
- 2 opposite participants run under the tunnel and swop positions
- As above but hop on 1 leg
- As above but skip
- As above but crawl
- Make up your own movements or ask the children to
Children sit under the Fling it:
- Others move it up and down and then hold it still ask them they prefer it when the Fling It was moving or still
- Make a house or hang the Fling It up and do an activity underneath.
- Moving Fling It up and down the children move onto the next handles without loosing contact with the Fling It
- Walk in one direction change places
- Turn around whilst walking and change places
- Move a light ball up and down or towards a specific child without letting the ball fall out
Use the Fling it to make a tent with pillows for the child to sit in as a safe place to calm down.
By Ray Anne Cook